cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lopezbec
Helper I
Helper I

Help to Delete item when Approved Date is greater than 7 days from today

I have a workflow that updates a list to show the status of the approvals that are generated by PowerAutomate.

If outcome of the approval request is Approve, I want to delete that item from the list after 7 days.

IE:  Approval is done on 2/1/22, I want to delete the item from the list on 2/8/22.  I am using the list for a PowerBI report and I want to make sure that I clean up the list so that it doesn't get large.  Not sure if it is best to do this as part of my approval workflow, or if I should schedule a separate flow that gets the items and deletes those that are a week old.

I am able to get the items, but having issues determining how to identify which items have met that 7 day threshold and are ok to delete.  I do not want to delete them until the Date Approved is 7 days old.

lopezbec_0-1644431829125.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
lopezbec
Helper I
Helper I

I actually decided to create a calculated field in my list for a file called Delete Date.  When the Date Approved is entered, it adds 7 days to that.  I then will have my flow look for an item where that date = today and delete.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
lopezbec
Helper I
Helper I

I actually decided to create a calculated field in my list for a file called Delete Date.  When the Date Approved is entered, it adds 7 days to that.  I then will have my flow look for an item where that date = today and delete.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (4,214)