cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gudns

Help updating row in Google Sheets

Hello everyone.

In the past week I've been trying to update a row in Google Sheets when an Asana task is completed.

Each Asana task have a ID attached to it, that are in the column "id". Therefore, I'm doing:

• When a task is created;
  • Get rows;
  • Condition -> if Task ID is equal to "id";
  • If yes -> update the row using the output of the condition as the "row id".

It doesn't work. When testing the Flow, I can see that the condition was never "true", and that's the issue. Can anyone help me understand what am I doing wrong?

4 REPLIES 4
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Help updating row in Google Sheets

Hi @gudns 

Please see the screenshot below:

gssg.PNG

I have an ID column in my Google Sheet and on SP too. I am comparing those and then updating the row. Note: To identify the row to update you need to use the _PowerAppsid_ option. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

gudns

Hello @yashag2255.

First of all, thanks for your reply. My problem is: although my "Task ID" is equal to the "id" in the sheets (I've printed the values to make sure) the condition is never met. I can't understand why, but it's always false.

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@gudns 

Can you please share a screenshot of the flow? I am guessing there is some issue with the data types of the columns. Can you please confirm that the datatype on both the sources for this ID column is same?

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @gudns ,

The returned value of Id column from Google sheets will be considered as a string, you may need to use function int to convert it to an integer.

By the way, if you want to update the row when an Asana task is completed, you need to use the trigger When a task is completed.

I have set up the flow likes below for your reference.

The function used in the right value field of Condition is:

int(items('Apply_to_each')?['Id'])

An image for your reference:

1.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel  

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Automate Community!

firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Users online (7,894)