cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Help using Update Row with Excel when receive an email

This may not be possible but, I would like to have a new email trigger go to an excel list of students and update whether or not a specific person has submitted a document.

Is it possible to use Row ID to compare the from email to a specific column, and then in that row use the "has attachement" as whether or not they submitted a document?

Thanks 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Help using Update Row with Excel when receive an email

Hi @dziubla,

I could only think out the following scenario:

First, add the "When new Email arrives" trigger, then add the Excel Get Rows Action;

Second, add a condition to check if the "Subject" Content matches the one stored in Excel Student Name columns.

Third, if Condition 1 matchs, under the YES Field, add another condition to check if the email have attachments.

If condition 2 matchs, under hte YES field, add the Excel Update Row action.

Note:

Using Excel in MIcrosoft Flow would require there are tables already formatted (Along with the corresponding columns defined), for the Email Dynamic content generated from Microsoft Flow, there is no field could be used to check the user name, 

we could specify the Email Subject with the corresponding Student name, so that we could use the Subject field to filter the email.

Currenlty there are some issues when using condition with Excel Get Rows. I tried to create a flow and it failed.

I will make another test.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to post back.

Regards

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Power Automate
Power Automate

Part 1.png

Part 2.png

Part 3.png

Hi,
Could you please try creating flow using these snapshoots. Please let me know if face any issues.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dziubla,

I could only think out the following scenario:

First, add the "When new Email arrives" trigger, then add the Excel Get Rows Action;

Second, add a condition to check if the "Subject" Content matches the one stored in Excel Student Name columns.

Third, if Condition 1 matchs, under the YES Field, add another condition to check if the email have attachments.

If condition 2 matchs, under hte YES field, add the Excel Update Row action.

Note:

Using Excel in MIcrosoft Flow would require there are tables already formatted (Along with the corresponding columns defined), for the Email Dynamic content generated from Microsoft Flow, there is no field could be used to check the user name, 

we could specify the Email Subject with the corresponding Student name, so that we could use the Subject field to filter the email.

Currenlty there are some issues when using condition with Excel Get Rows. I tried to create a flow and it failed.

I will make another test.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to post back.

Regards

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted
Power Automate
Power Automate

Part 1.png

Part 2.png

Part 3.png

Hi,
Could you please try creating flow using these snapshoots. Please let me know if face any issues.

Highlighted

Thank you!

this was awesome and actually helped me see the syntax used with flow.  I was able to extrapolate this was a sharepoint list in the same fashion.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
FirstImage

Microsoft Ignite 2020

Check out the announcement of Power Platform content at Microsoft Ignite!

thirdImage

Experience what's new for Power Automate

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Automate features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,244)