cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RyanBentham

Help using a Sharepoint List trigger WITH a schedule / recurrence

Hi all

So I currently have a working Flow that is triggered "when a new item is created" within my sharepoint list.

The sharepoint list contains various parameters that are passed into a flow.  

This is all fine but I also need the ability to create a recurrence.  So my sharepoint list contains a field called "recurrence?" which is true or false and then a "recurrence_freq" which is daily, weekly or monthly.    I need my new flow trigger to essentially be:  "when a new item is created in sharepoint list,  check if recurrence is required,  if not, just run once, otherwise take the value of daily, weekly or monthly"

Any help on a solution would be great?  Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Unfortunately, that's not the way a Recurrence trigger works.  To do what you are describing essentially requires 4 flows.

1) The original flow you have which runs when an item is created.  Unless you want it to run the first time its created you probably want a condition that terminates the flow successfully if recurrence is set to True.

2) You need 3 flows triggered on different recurrence schedules.  One daily, one weekly on a specific day, and one monthly on a specific date.  Each of those will do a get items to filter all the items in the list where recurrence is true and the req_frequency is set to daily, weekly, or monthly. (that's why you need three separate ones.)  These flows will then do whatever process you want on all the items that fit that logic.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Unfortunately, that's not the way a Recurrence trigger works.  To do what you are describing essentially requires 4 flows.

1) The original flow you have which runs when an item is created.  Unless you want it to run the first time its created you probably want a condition that terminates the flow successfully if recurrence is set to True.

2) You need 3 flows triggered on different recurrence schedules.  One daily, one weekly on a specific day, and one monthly on a specific date.  Each of those will do a get items to filter all the items in the list where recurrence is true and the req_frequency is set to daily, weekly, or monthly. (that's why you need three separate ones.)  These flows will then do whatever process you want on all the items that fit that logic.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

@Pstork1 

Thanks for the info.  Now understood

🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Users online (41,491)