cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DVela227
Level: Powered On

Help with Approval Flow

Good morning ALL!

I have been having a hard time setting up my first flow. I am trying to start an approval process when a list item is created on Sharepoint. From there, I would like to have the list item including its attachments moved to an "Approved" folder directory or a "Denied" folder directory in Sharepoint based on the decision. Once the file and contents have moved, I would like the list item deleted. The flow runs successfully, however the file that gets moved does not have any attachments and is in a  format my PC cannot recognize. Any help or guidence on getting this resolved would be appreciated!!

Thank you,
David

Please see sequential screenshots below:

Flow 1Flow2Flow3Moved file:

MovedFile

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Help with Approval Flow

Hi @DVela227,

I have made a test on my side and the flow works well. Please take a try with the following workaround:

For testing, I have not configured the emails in the middle of you. You could configure them yourself without affecting the saving of attachments.

The main difference between my configuration and yours is that when configured Create file action, the File Name is configured with Get attachments-DisplayName.

And if you want to delete the list item, the configuration should be Delete item action.

The configuration in If no branch is almost the same as If yes, just change the folder name, ect..

Image reference:

44.PNG

Please take a try again.

Best Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

@DVela227:

First, can you post a screen shot of your Flow - that will make it much easier to assist.

Also, I suggest considering using views in SharePoint to show approved and denied items rather than moving things to folders. Here is how you might proceed:

1. Add an option column (Approval Decision) to the list with three choices:
    1. New (the default)
    2. Approved
    3. Denied
  2. When the approval is completed, update the Approval Decision column to either Approved or Denied
  3. Change your default SharePoint view to group items by the Approval Decision column

Unless you are using folders for security/permissions purposes, there is likely little benefit to using folders.

If this addresses your issue, please mark your post as Solved.

Scott

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
DVela227

Hi Scott,

I apologize for the delayed response. I thought I included the screen shot of the flow in the original post? It was too long to post in only one image. Please let me know if I did not do so correctly.

I like the views idea, the purpose of the folders was for viewing permissions to various groups. I would also like to stick to the approval flow since it will be easier for the approval team to accept and decline via email rather than sharepoint.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @DVela227,

I have made a test on my side and the flow works well. Please take a try with the following workaround:

For testing, I have not configured the emails in the middle of you. You could configure them yourself without affecting the saving of attachments.

The main difference between my configuration and yours is that when configured Create file action, the File Name is configured with Get attachments-DisplayName.

And if you want to delete the list item, the configuration should be Delete item action.

The configuration in If no branch is almost the same as If yes, just change the folder name, ect..

Image reference:

44.PNG

Please take a try again.

Best Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

DVela227

Hi Barry,

Thank you so much for the clarification and your help. After making your recommended changes and tweaking some folders, everything worked perfectly. Have a great day!

(Edit: Able to mark as solution now)

Thanks!
David

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

firstImage

Better Together Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,934)