cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dogmaticdrongo

Help with Date and Time Formatting

Hi,

I am looking for a little help finishing this flow. The flow works, does what I want it to do however the output time used by the planner 'completed date and time' is not in the format I want it to be in. I am a flow beginner so forgive me if this is already out there. I have had a look and could not find anything that answered this question.

In the date and time field I currently have the following - triggerOutputs()?['body/completedDateTime'] which gives me the time the task was completed in this format yyyy-mm-ddThh:mm:ss.ffffffZ (example 1010-01-01T13:45:20.9675865Z) 

I would be forever grateful if someone could have a look and help me get this to output in either dd-mm-yyyy hh:mm:ssZ (example 01-01-1010 13:45:20Z) or dd-MM-yyyy hh:mm:ssZ (01-Jan-1010 13:45:20Z)

Having carried out a lot of online research I believe I am looking for the output to be in the 'universal sortable date/time pattern' and/or 'universal full date/time pattern'

I would also be interested in some learning if anyone knows any good resources. My company has recently taken interest in the power platform and I would like to learn as much as I can about building flows and automation.

Capture.jpg

Thanks

Dan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jcook
Super User III
Super User III

Hello @dogmaticdrongo 

I have recently wrote a blog on converting and working with date/time formats. Check it out here:

https://flowaltdelete.ca/2020/10/15/converting-time-zones-easily-in-power-automate/

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you like my post please hit the Thumbs Up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Check out my blog for Power Automate tips,
tricks, and guides
FlowAltDelete

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Jcook
Super User III
Super User III

Hello @dogmaticdrongo 

I have recently wrote a blog on converting and working with date/time formats. Check it out here:

https://flowaltdelete.ca/2020/10/15/converting-time-zones-easily-in-power-automate/

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you like my post please hit the Thumbs Up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Check out my blog for Power Automate tips,
tricks, and guides
FlowAltDelete

View solution in original post

@Jcook 

Thanks for the link. I can see this coming in handy for future use. I have managed to sort my issue. I have marked your post as the solution as it helped me get there in the end.

Where I was using the expression:

triggeroutputs()?['body/completedDateTime']

I just added the format date time expression to it as follows:

formatDateTime(triggerOutputs()?['body/completedDateTime'], 'U')

It had been bugging me for a few days but now having run a test it works perfectly. Thanks for help and push in the right direction. Here is the flow for comparison just incase anyone else comes across the same issue.

Capture1.PNG

The following helped me find out what time format I wanted - link

@Jcook - Thanks for sharing the link. Its quiet useful 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Users online (70,546)