cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LouiseGiblin
Level: Powered On

Help with Email Content

Hi - 

I am trying to build my very first custom flow and I cannot figure out how to get the content I want to appear in the body of the email - nor can I get that email to format correctly.  Please help. 

I would like an email to be sent to the owner of an opportunity in Dynamics whenever that opportunity is changed to "Closed/Won".  That part works correctly.  In the body of the email I would like to see the opportunities parent account as well as the revenue.  I have tried using just "get record" as well as compose....in different positions inside the flow, but the email comes over with only the text, no content.  What am I doing wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LouiseGiblin

Re: Help with Email Content

I have actually solved this problem - I switched from a flow to a Dynamics process.  I guess when it is all internal to Dynamics, a process can work better because when you use a condition Flow sometimes gets blocked getting back to the parent account of the opportunity in its attempt to retrieve data.  

Thank you for all the help though!

7 REPLIES 7
Super User
Super User

Hi @LouiseGiblin I'm not a Dynamics person, but if you could please post a screenshot of your Flow I may be able to spot the issue?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

LouiseGiblin

1.jpg2.jpg

Super User
Super User

Hi @LouiseGiblin, with regards to the formatting issue, the send email will be default send the content in plain text, so I'm guessing that all of the content is just in one big block?

If you expand the advanced options, you can change the HTML switch from No to Yes. From there, put a bit of HTML into your body as well, so surround the first piece of dynamic content with <p> </p> to makit it into it's own paragraph and then do the same to the second.

If I'm barking up the wrong tree and that's not the actual issue, please feel free to let me know and we'll have another look together.

With regards to the Get Record not showing, when you run the Flow as a test and look at the output of the "Get Record" action, is any data being returned at that point?

If you have found this post useful, please give it a thumbs up. If it has answered your question, please accept it as the solution so others can benefit.

@MattWeston365

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

LouiseGiblin

Sadly this did not fix it either.  I think my issues ends up being that it isn't sure where to grab the data from....I keep telling ioto get the revenue from the opportunity - but I don't think I am telling it to get the revenue from the opportunity that just changed.  

v-lin-msft
Level 10

Hi @LouiseGiblin,

I'm sorry about I don't have permission to update my Dynamic entities data, so I can't test it here, but I can still give you some Suggestions:

Did you fill in this dynamic content correctly? You can try to append "Opportunities":Annotation 2019-06-05 111508.png

Is the action Get record run successfully? You can share the screenshots of the results.

If Get record worked, but have no content in the "Account" and "Actual revenue",  maybe there's some problem with the data.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Lin Tu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

LouiseGiblin

I have actually solved this problem - I switched from a flow to a Dynamics process.  I guess when it is all internal to Dynamics, a process can work better because when you use a condition Flow sometimes gets blocked getting back to the parent account of the opportunity in its attempt to retrieve data.  

Thank you for all the help though!

Highlighted
Administrator
Administrator

Hey, @LouiseGiblin!

Thanks so much for posting in the Flow Community! It appears that you have found a solution to your issue!

If so, please click "Accept as Solution" on the reply that describes how you were able to solve your issue!

This makes your post much easier for other members of the community to see and find when looking for a solution! 

Thanks for being an active Microsoft Flow Community Member! 

Happy Flowing!

-Gabriel
Microsoft Flow Community Manager

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 33 members 4,661 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: