cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ccaud638
Level: Power Up

Help with Flow, checking email from Form response then sending email if email address is valid

Hello,

New to Flow, Forms, and Sharepoint lists but I've built a general ticketing system that creates new tickets based on user responses to Form questions. I have it setup to automatically create a Sharepoint list item, share relevant info to a Google sheet from list, then send an email to the requester and any stakeholder the requester adds. The only problem is that users are entering "N/A" or "-" in the fields, which means that the email system sees, "email@email.com; "N/A"; ;" and then fails to send the email.

Is there a way to check the email field either in the Form response or Sharepoint list for completeness, email addresses could be outside of organization, then inserting the email adresses, if they exist correctly?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Help with Flow, checking email from Form response then sending email if email address is valid

@ccaud638 

Hi there!   A couple of ways to work at this:

• In your form, add a subtitle (the part that shows inside the field before anything is entered) addressing how to handle N/A ("Leave blank" or whatever).  I'm assuming each of the email addresses are their own respective fields?
  • Use a Compose or String variable to Concatenate() all of the addresses into a single string, then...
  • Use Replace() to switch all variants of "N/A" to null and also replace any "; ;" with a single semi-colon.
  • Use a condition to check for ".com", ".org", etc... before moving onto the send email step.

Either way, keep us posted.

-Ed-

If this reply has answered your question or resolved your challenge, please consider marking it as a Solution. This helps other users find it more easily via search.

ccaud638
Level: Power Up

Re: Help with Flow, checking email from Form response then sending email if email address is valid

Thank you @edgonzales . 

So, I have three fields where emails get inputted. Originally, I was creating the sharepoint list directly from the form input. The SP list is created but the emails aren't entered automatically. After the SP list is created, I then get the SP list, and then create 3 Y/N conditions to check if the form fields for email contained .com. If yes, then it adds the email from the form to the SP list. If no, then it's blank. I feel like this isn't the cleanest solution, so any help to make it better would be appreciated. I'm not familiar with the Compose or String variable solution, but I'll look into that. 

form-email.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 324 members 5,098 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: