Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulb4
Helper I
Helper I

Help with PARSE JSON fur dummy

Hello dear community,

I found on internet that I need to use a PARSE JSON step to transform the text taken from my Microsoft Form and have it simple text in the email that is sent afterwards.

The thing is... I have NO IDEA what I'm supposed to put in this step. I never heard of a JSON before so I don't know what it is and what I find on internet, I just don't understand. I'm not a programmer or anything close to that...

paulb4_0-1613080721067.png

There are 2 different answers given in mu Forms for which I need the answers to be written in the email, so I guess I need 2 PARSE JSON steps.

And in CONTENT, I must put the Dynamic content that is the answer to the question I want.

But what in the world am I supposed to put in the SCHEMA field???

I don't even know what information is required to answer my question.

Please help me! I'm sure it pretty simple for a lot of people who could read this. I need your help!

Be safe.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PrasadAthalye
Super User
Super User

Parse JSON helps you to parse a JSON string output into objects that you can use for the next actions... For example, Below I am calling Sharepoint REST API...

PrasadAthalye_2-1613093438822.png

it generates JSON output. I am interested in reading one particular property so I use Parse JSON like below... Input is body from HTTP action.  First I gather, output from HTTP action which I use to Generate Schema by clicking below button.

PrasadAthalye_3-1613093506046.png

Then when you can use each property from JSON as an object for next actions...

Please Like and Mark this as Answer if it resolves your Issue.

Power Automate Community

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
PrasadAthalye
Super User
Super User

Parse JSON helps you to parse a JSON string output into objects that you can use for the next actions... For example, Below I am calling Sharepoint REST API...

PrasadAthalye_2-1613093438822.png

it generates JSON output. I am interested in reading one particular property so I use Parse JSON like below... Input is body from HTTP action.  First I gather, output from HTTP action which I use to Generate Schema by clicking below button.

PrasadAthalye_3-1613093506046.png

Then when you can use each property from JSON as an object for next actions...

Please Like and Mark this as Answer if it resolves your Issue.

Power Automate Community

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (49,791)