cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper I
Helper I

Help with Trigger Condition on a Flow

I have the below flow where I am trying to ultimately send an email when the column in a SP list Land Closed = Yes and when the column LC Flow Run = No.  The current flow image below doesn't run when I do a test.  It just sits there and spins like I didn't make a change to the list.  I have let it sit their and run for 30 min and still nothing.  Both columns are "Choice" columns that have the options of Yes or No.  Am I missing something?

Screen Shot 2019-12-14 at 12.17.48 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-12-14 at 12.18.47 PM.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

You said you made the two columns Choice columns.  If that is true then your rigger condition has two issues.

1) Your column has a space in the name.  For SharePoint flow refers to columns with a space by substituting _0x0020_ for the space.

2) For a choice column you have to test the Value of the column, not the just the field.

So your trigger should be

@equals(triggerBody()?['Land_x0020_Closed']?['Value'],'Yes')

Make sure you also pick the value field in your condition and not just the field too.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

If you use the ID from the trigger when getting the item then the Get Item ID and the Trigger ID should be the same, so it wouldn't matter which one you use.  When updating the item you only need to fill in fields you want to change and any required fields in the item.

5 REPLIES 5
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

You said you made the two columns Choice columns.  If that is true then your rigger condition has two issues.

1) Your column has a space in the name.  For SharePoint flow refers to columns with a space by substituting _0x0020_ for the space.

2) For a choice column you have to test the Value of the column, not the just the field.

So your trigger should be

@equals(triggerBody()?['Land_x0020_Closed']?['Value'],'Yes')

Make sure you also pick the value field in your condition and not just the field too.

@Pstork1 thanks for you help with the trigger!  Now what I'm trying to do is for the item the flow is running for I want to update the LC Flow Run column to Yes so it will not run again for that item.  Below is what I have, I just can't figure out how to update just the single item.  Right now when it runs it updates all the items in the list to Yes.

Screen Shot 2019-12-15 at 11.47.41 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-12-15 at 11.48.38 AM.png

Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Use the Get Item action instead of the Get Items.  Get item will let you retrieve just the item the Flow triggers on.

@Pstork1 So I changed to the "Get Item" . Which ID should I be using to update only the item that triggered the flow to run?  Also do a remove all the values except the one I want updated for that item so it doesn't wipe out the other values that might be set already?  Basically I want to only update the Column LC-Flow Run to Yes. 

Thanks for all your help!

Screen Shot 2019-12-16 at 9.25.13 AM.png

Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

If you use the ID from the trigger when getting the item then the Get Item ID and the Trigger ID should be the same, so it wouldn't matter which one you use.  When updating the item you only need to fill in fields you want to change and any required fields in the item.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (77,619)