cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
spin-man
Level: Powered On

Help with a Reminder MS Flow

I have a SP List with a Date Field called "Follow Up", and I want to send a reminder email to a list of folks on the day defined in that Field.  I have started this MS Flow, checking every day at 6am, however I am stuck on how to Check that field for all items in the SP List and take action if the date equals the current date.

Basically if List Item has a follow up date of 04/25/2019 and that date the Flow runs is = to that date, send a reminder email.

Any help would be appreciated.

Screen Shot 2019-04-25 at 8.10.32 PM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Help with a Reminder MS Flow

Hi @spin-man well done, you're pretty much there.

When you create the filter query, you won't see anything to select in terms of the SharePoint field, you need to actually type the internal field name in.

So in your case, depending on how you created the field, Follow Up Date could be something like Follow_x0020_Up_x0020_Date.

To find the internal name of your field

1. navigate to your SharePoint list.
  2. click on the settings cog and open List Settings
  3. on the List Settings screen, under columns, click on the Column you wish to filter on
  4. when the Edit Column screen appears, have a look at the URL which is now in the address bar. You are specifically interested in the querystring parameter "Field". Copy whatever is after that e.g.
    https://xyz.sharepoint.com/sites/MattWeston365/_layouts/15/FldEdit.aspx?List=%7BE2BF6194-4186-49D7-8...DateDemoField

This is the internal name for your field You'll need to take this and use it in your filter i.e. where I have used DateDemoField in my example.

Don't worry if you see _x0020_ in your internal name, that is simply SharePoint encoding for a character space.

Let me know if you need any further help 🙂

If you have found this post useful, please give it a thumbs up. If it has answered your question, please accept it as the solution so others can benefit.

@MattWeston365

Did my reply help? Please give it a thumbs up.
Did I answer your question? Please mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Community Leader: Black Country PowerApps & Flow User Group

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

Hi @spin-man 

To work through your requirement, the first thing I've done is to create a variable which I'm going to store today's date in. This will allow me to see what the date is that's being passed in when I test it. I have then used Get Items, and defined the filter query to retrieve only the items within SharePoint that need to be processed today.

The expression used to set today's date is (feel free to format the date however you need):

formatDateTime(string(utcNow()),'MM/dd/yyyy')

Ensure that when you define the odata query that you surround the Today variable with single quotes ' '

Flow1.PNG

If you have found this post useful, please give it a thumbs up. If it has answered your question, please accept it as the solution so others can benefit.

@MattWeston365

Proud to be a Flownaut!

spin-man
Level: Powered On

@MattWeston365 I have added what you have suggested.  However, when I get to the Get Items>Filter Query portion all I can add via dynamic content is the Today variable, it doesn't list all the SP fields to say the Field Follow Up eq 'Today'.  Did a miss something?

Screen Shot 2019-04-26 at 7.21.36 AM.png

Super User
Super User

Hi @spin-man well done, you're pretty much there.

When you create the filter query, you won't see anything to select in terms of the SharePoint field, you need to actually type the internal field name in.

So in your case, depending on how you created the field, Follow Up Date could be something like Follow_x0020_Up_x0020_Date.

To find the internal name of your field

1. navigate to your SharePoint list.
  2. click on the settings cog and open List Settings
  3. on the List Settings screen, under columns, click on the Column you wish to filter on
  4. when the Edit Column screen appears, have a look at the URL which is now in the address bar. You are specifically interested in the querystring parameter "Field". Copy whatever is after that e.g.
    https://xyz.sharepoint.com/sites/MattWeston365/_layouts/15/FldEdit.aspx?List=%7BE2BF6194-4186-49D7-8...DateDemoField

This is the internal name for your field You'll need to take this and use it in your filter i.e. where I have used DateDemoField in my example.

Don't worry if you see _x0020_ in your internal name, that is simply SharePoint encoding for a character space.

Let me know if you need any further help 🙂

@MattWeston365

Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 83 members 4,931 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: