cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
spin-man
Level: Powered On

Help with a SharePoint Online List Workflow (Get Data from one list and copy it to another)

Could use some help with this flow.  I have a list where when the field MSA in Process is set to Yes, a workflow kicks off and copies the Company Name / Contact ID to another list.  The Company Name / Contact ID is a "Central Contacts List that is used by multiple lists.

I'm not sure if I'm even going down the right path to do what I'm trying to acomplish.  Any help would be apprecitated.

Screen Shot 2019-05-13 at 5.32.29 PM.png

14 REPLIES 14
Super User
Super User

Re: Help with a SharePoint Online List Workflow (Get Data from one list and copy it to another)

Don't use Switch, Add a condition to your flow with a logical expression. The Flow would look something like:ToggleConditionCreateItem.png

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

spin-man

Re: Help with a SharePoint Online List Workflow (Get Data from one list and copy it to another)

I just tried setting it up like you mentioned.  In the condition it returns False and fails on the Get Items and Create Items tasks.  Am I missing something else?

Super User
Super User

If you could provide an expanded screenshot of your Flow and steps, we could likely better assist you.

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

spin-man

Sorry here is a screenshot.

Screen Shot 2019-05-13 at 6.29.47 PM.png

Super User
Super User

You need to insure that the MSA In Process column is enabled in the default view for the Sales Activity list. For steps in how to do so, view the Edit a list view in SharePoint Online documentation

If you verify the view, and it still fails. When you run the Flow, view the ouput of the condition step (click on the step after testing), and see if Yes has 'single quotes' around it like 'Yes'.

spin-man

It is part of the default view.  Here is what it looks like after it runs.

Screen Shot 2019-05-13 at 7.49.39 PM.png

Super User
Super User

Did you try it with the 'single quotes'? Also, what's the format of the column? Is it a Choice column (purple) or a Yes/No (check box) column (green)?:ColumnTypeChoiceOrCheckbox.pngIf this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, @spin-man 

Maybe this is the cause, you used a action, "Get items".

@Brad_Groux  used a action, "Get item".

Please check it, if you like.

spin-man

Green --> Yes/No (Checkbox) is what I used.

spin-man

@Brad_Groux 

Any more ideas for me to try to get this flow working?

Thanks for all the help!

spin-man

@Anonymous @Brad_Groux 

I have been trying to do this flow differently still failing.  Any thoughts on this way and why it's not working?

Screen Shot 2019-05-15 at 8.02.37 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-05-15 at 8.01.53 PM.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, @spin-man 

I think that an error is caused by connecting multiple items to a single item.

Processing "Apply to each" is nested , but "When item created or modified" triggering item is alone.

Would you tried changing from "Get items" to "Get item", and building flow like @Brad_Groux ?

Let's try anyway, Good luck. I hope you get the result you are looking for.

spin-man

I am still looking for help with this one.  I can't seem to figure it out.  Below is the flow and it fails at the condition Test Value "is equal to" Yes.  The "Test" Field is a "Choice" field that has Yes or No to select from.  The idea is if "Test" equals Yes, then I want to Get the Company / Contact Value from that SP item and create a new item in another list with that value.

Screen Shot 2019-05-21 at 6.06.16 PM.png

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @spin-man ,

Could you share more details on your scenario?

Do you want to copy all the items that have the same Company/ContactID from List “Sales Activity” to “MSA’s”?

Do you want to copy the one that triggered the flow from List “Sales Activity” to “MSA’s”?

If it is the first situation, to get all the items that have the same company/contactID from list “Sales Activity”, the Filter query field should be configured likes below.

Note: when using Filter query, you need to take care of the following points:

1. Use the exact column name, to get the exact column, please try to run the action Get items without filter query first, then get its exact name from the output.
  2. Surround the dynamic content with a single quote

1.PNG

If it is the second situation, instead of using Get items action, please use action Get item, to get the corresponding value of the item that triggered the flow.

2.PNG

Hope the following blog on Filtering data with Odata could be a reference for you:

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/advanced-flow-of-the-week-filtering-with-odata/

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,598)