cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daniel-hargrove
Level: Powered On

Help with adding to a Planner Bucket

Hi. 

I am relatively new to Microsoft Flow so apologies if this is a stupid question.

I am creating a flow for a department within our organisation and within this flow I want to create a new bucket in the department’s plan. As I do not have permission to this plan when selecting Group ID only the plans, I have permission to appear. Is there a way I can create this without requesting permission as I will eventually end up with access to plans in all departments as I create more flows. The flow is created under ‘My Flows’ – I was not to sure what the different was between this and Team Flows.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Many thanks, Dan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Help with adding to a Planner Bucket

Hi @daniel-hargrove ,

If you have sufficient permissions, you can click on the custom value and manually populate Group Id and Plan Id.

You can get these two values in the Planner task portal.

Image reference:

120.PNG121.PNG

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
AKRogers
Level 8

Hi Dan,

There are no stupid questions! You're in the right place.

To your first question, if your account doesn't have permission to the Group (and if you can't get / don't want permission for it) a workaround is to use another admin account to create and run the Flow.  That way you can keep your own account clear of all the plans.

And to your second question, "My Flows" is a view of all the flows where your account is the only owner.  "Team Flows" is the view of all Flows where you share ownership with other accounts.  There's no functionality difference otherwise; you'll see a Flow disappear from "My Flows" and end up in "Team Flows" if you add an owner to it.

Take care!

Ashley

If this response provided an answer to your question please mark it as a solution.

If you liked my reply, please give it a thumbs up! Thank you!

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @daniel-hargrove ,

If you have sufficient permissions, you can click on the custom value and manually populate Group Id and Plan Id.

You can get these two values in the Planner task portal.

Image reference:

120.PNG121.PNG

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

daniel-hargrove
Level: Powered On

Thank for your responses on this. For now I have created a generic flow account which is a member of the required items in planner. 

Many thanks, Dan 😁

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,036)