cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Rafael_Aguiar
Level: Power Up

Help with an reservation automation with forms and flow

Hi everyone, I'm new to flow and all its capabilities and i need some help.

I did a flow to record the responses of a MS Forms on a sharepoint list. Its a reservation for classrooms.

So here is how it works. A teacher respond the form with the:

- The day of the class

- The classroom number

- If the reservation is for before or after the break or both

The way i did the flow is to get the response and create a record on the sharepoint list and send an approval to me, so I manualy check the classrooms agenda and see if its available, then approve of reject the reservation.

I want to make the flow check the availability of the classroom and automatically respond if the reservations was made of not.

Ex: I want to reserve the classroom number 200, 09/20/2019 for before the break, but its alredy reserved for before and after the break, so it reject automatically the reservation attempt.

sorry the bad english and i hope you guys can help me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Help with an reservation automation with forms and flow

Hi @Rafael_Aguiar,

As @edgonzales mentioned, you can consider using the "Meeting Rooms" feature of Outlook.

The following steps are When a new response submitted, find the reservation whether existed in the SharePoint list. If yes, send a conflict email to the teacher automatically. If no, send approver to you to approve, if approved, create an item in the SharePoint list, please have a try.

Step 1: Create the trigger When a new response is submitted.

Step 2: Initialize variable named Conflict, and set its default value is 0.

Step 3: Get the response details and Get items of the SharePoint list.

Annotation 2019-09-23 170112.png

Step 4: Create the condition to judge the Date of Class, Classroom, Reservation time. If it find the conflict reservation, send an email to the teacher, then set the variable Conflict to 1.

Annotation 2019-09-23 170438.png

Step 5: After finding the conflict reservation, create a condition to determine whether sending approve to you. If the Conflict is 0, send the approval to you, after you respond, determine to create an item according to the outcome.

Annotation 2019-09-23 170532.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

@Rafael_Aguiar 

Hi there.  Have you already considered treating the classrooms as "Meeting Rooms" inside Outlook and managing the scheduling and reservations natively there?

The Flow you want to build is possible, but want to make sure you're not unnecessarily reinventing something, right?

Keep us posted.

-Ed-

If this reply has answered your question or resolved your challenge, please consider marking it as a Solution. This helps other users find it more easily via search.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Rafael_Aguiar,

As @edgonzales mentioned, you can consider using the "Meeting Rooms" feature of Outlook.

The following steps are When a new response submitted, find the reservation whether existed in the SharePoint list. If yes, send a conflict email to the teacher automatically. If no, send approver to you to approve, if approved, create an item in the SharePoint list, please have a try.

Step 1: Create the trigger When a new response is submitted.

Step 2: Initialize variable named Conflict, and set its default value is 0.

Step 3: Get the response details and Get items of the SharePoint list.

Annotation 2019-09-23 170112.png

Step 4: Create the condition to judge the Date of Class, Classroom, Reservation time. If it find the conflict reservation, send an email to the teacher, then set the variable Conflict to 1.

Annotation 2019-09-23 170438.png

Step 5: After finding the conflict reservation, create a condition to determine whether sending approve to you. If the Conflict is 0, send the approval to you, after you respond, determine to create an item according to the outcome.

Annotation 2019-09-23 170532.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Rafael_Aguiar

@edgonzales 

Unfortunately i dont have have access on administration center to create the meeting rooms.

Thanks for the help!

Rafael_Aguiar

@v-litu-msft 

Thank you so much!!!

This is going to make my life so muck easier!!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 224 members 4,775 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: