cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
derk
Level: Powered On

Help with approval flow if field has been changed in SharePoint List.

Hello, I have a calendar list in SharePoint with an approval flow attached to it that if the user accepts the approval it marks the status of the item to Accepted. Now if for some reason the date was changed on the list item in the calendar I would like to start another approval process via email so the end user could accept the new date. I see Flow doesn't have the when an item has been modified connector anymore but it has when a new item is created or modified. What would be the best to use this connector to accomplish this?
3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Help with approval flow if field has been changed in SharePoint List.

Hi @derk,

The trigger "When an item is modified" is not supported in sharepoint connector in microsoft flow currently.

If you want to trigger an flow when an item is modifed, you could only use the trigger "When an item is created or modified".

As an alternative way, you could:

1. Add a Yes/No type column "DateIsChanged" in the list, the default value of column "DateIsChanged" is false.

2. Everytime when create an item in the list, keep the column "DateIsChanged" be false.

3. Everytime when change the date in the list, keep the column "DateIsChanged" be true.

4. Create a flow with trigger "When an item is created or modified", add a Condition to check if the "DateIsChanged" column value is equal to true, in the If yes branch of the Condition, add the approval action for date changed, In the If no branch of the Condition, add the approval action for new item created.

Best regards,

Alice

derk

Hi @v-yuazh-msft Alice,

Would the DateIsChanged field be something the user changes manually when they change the date?

Highlighted
derk

Would I set to set up a variable in the flow to accomplish this?

>