I'm working on a Flow that will create an email report from items in a Sharepoint list on a weekly basis. Users use a PowerApp to record new items (Principals observations of teachers) to the Sharepoint list. Because they get these observations daily - sometimes multiple times - it would be too much to send an email for each observation, so I'd like for the teachers to receive one report in their email each week with all of the items that were created that week, relevant to them. Here's what I've done:
I tried using this post, but it only gets me halfway: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/flow-to-send-single-email-for-set-of-records-in-S...
- Trigger: I have the trigger set to recurrence, and it triggers each Friday.
- Action: I get items from the Sharepoint list.
- Action: I filter the array to select all items with a "Created" value greater than or equal to five days past.
- Action: I create an HTML table with the items I want from the array
- Action: I initialize a variable called "EmailAddress"
- Action: I append the email address from the array to the "EmailAddress" variable for each item in the array.
- Action: I do a union and a join (my SQL is not very good - this is me copying and pasting from that post)
- Action: I send an email with the HTML table output, sent to the email address output.
The problem is that this sends ONE email with ALL the data to ALL the email addresses. I want instead to sort the array for individuals, and then email each individual their specific rows for the week. Can this be done in flow?
Solved! Go to Solution.
Learn how to create your own user groups today!
Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!
Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!
Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.