cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sanraf
Frequent Visitor

Help with flows

Hi,

I'm new to Power Automate and have only done 1 successful flow.  Now, I've been tasked with something much more complicated. 

1. I need to get responses from Forms

2. Store them in an Excel file.

3. Do lookups between the table and another sheet

4. Transfer the data to SharePoint.  ( I am transferring the data to SharePoint since i read that sending an automated email from Excel is not possible)

5. Send an email based on the responses and lookups.

I was able to create the form and store them in an Excel file (Excel online).  I created lookups.  I am unable to capture the results of the lookups to SharePoint.  All of this has to be automated.  The function of the flow is to reply to an inquiry via email with data being sent based on the responses.

Appreciate any assistance.

Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7
ChristianAbata
Super User
Super User

hi @sanraf  could you share and screanshot about do you have?

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

Hi @ChristianAbata ,

Kindly see what i have below.  Appreciate the assistance.

Flow1.pngFlow2.pngFlow3.pngFlow4.png

ookey @sanraf  so what you do is fill some columns in excel and result of that you have some data in column SSS#2 and others. So that are lookup fields and you want to get that values right?

If so, please after add row into a table add an action called delay and configured with 10 seconds.

Then please use and action called get items to obtenin the lookup column values.

Please note that you can't get automatically the looku data because you have some time to wait to let the excel columns to the lookup.

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

Hi @ChristianAbata ,

I added the Delay, then add Get Items after? Or is this after Create Item? The calculations were completed in Excel but did not transfer to SharePoint.  Thanks.

Flow5.png

hi @sanraf  if the calculations are in excel you need to use List rows present in a table instead get items. It's ok the delay

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Hi @ChristianAbata ,

When i added the List Rows Present, an Apply To Each control appeared.  The data was captured in SharePoint, but i only need it per MS Forms entry.  What happened, was several emails were sent out instead of the just latest Forms entry.

Flow6.png

Thanks.

sanraf
Frequent Visitor

Hi @ChristianAbata ,

Any ideas?

Appreciate the help.

Thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (2,005)