cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Help with moving subfolders to another site address

I'm working on moving a folder throughout three SharePoint sites.

I have three sites, each has a Documents folder.  The three sites are testSource, testDestination and testFinal.  testSource would have subfolders inside the Documents folder, each pertaining to a separate client. testDestination and testFinal all having matching sub-folders in the Documents folder with the same client subfolders as testSource. For example, let's say testSource, testDestination and testFinal all have sub-folders in their respective Documents folder with clients AAA, BBB, CCC.  But only testSource has sub-folders inside AAA named 12345 and 67890 (Each have a metadata column where the Status column can be set to "Closed"). 

I would like to create a Flow that takes 12345 when the status is "closed" and move this folder to testDestination, find the AAA folder in testDestination and rename 12345 to Sample then take that sub-folder to testFinal and rename it back to 12345.

If the original AAA folder doesn't already exist when I set 12345 to "Closed", I would like Flow to create that folder in the folder it is moving to (testDestination, then testFinal) . Is this possible? I have this built so far, but it only removes the original file 12345 and moves it to testDestination in the Documents folder. No new folder is created in Documents. I haven't gotten to testFinal yet as I would like to get the move from testSource -> testDestination to work as planned.

The int below is 

"int(outputs('Compose'))"

flowtest1.JPGflowtest2.JPG

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Help with moving subfolders to another site address

Hi @angelrodriguez ,

Could you please share a full screenshot of the configuration of your flow?

Could you please share a run history of the flow?

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Hi Alice,

That is the entire configuration of the Flow I have so far. I'm also attaching the run history here. You'll see that it ran successfully, but so far, I've only been able to move the sub-folder from testSource to testDestination without moving the parent folder over.

Thanks,

Angel

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

FLOWSHOT.JPG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,769)