cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper II
Helper II

Help with triggering a flow based on dynamic date

Hi,

As part of my user schedule list in SharePoint I have a form that would allow for swapping of shifts for a determined date.

My form consists of:

1. What date is the swap taking place?

2. Who do you want to swap with?

I am concerned with question 1. The response comes back as a date (using date picker). 

The flow goes on to grab and store the start time and end time of the requestor (user 1) and the start time and end time of the user they want to swap with (user 2).

I am trying to build my logic and realize the flow needs to update the shifts but for the selected date (question 1) which isn't necessarily always going to be today. How do I go about now storing the date from question 1 and having the changes (the swapping of shift time stamps) take place but on that selected date?

Here's what I currently have:

snip6.PNG

Thanks,

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

You can build a flow with recurrence trigger and configure the flow to run daily and then flow can query the items from list based on today's date and do further processing in the flow

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

If I have answered your question, please mark the post as Solved to help other users to identify the correct answer
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

@annajhaveri thank you for replying.

Can you show me a snippet example? Please keep in mind the team works 24 hours a day. 

Super User
Super User

@Jspeer1 , sorry i think i misunderstood question and responded incorrectly. I would like to understand your scenario, so you have a list which stores user schedules and a specific user who wants to make a swap of specific schedule then they will submit a form. 

For this first you will need to query items for the details filled in form "date on which the swap taking place" and the user who wants make the swap. Once you get these items from list, you can update those items with new user who is mentioned in the form.

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

If I have answered your question, please mark the post as Solved to help other users to identify the correct answer
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (25,163)