cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DaveyD

Help with using forms to enter a review data into my outlook calendar

Hi, 

I'm having some issues with this - first time user and I've looked through a lot of help pages but can't get it to work. 

I have created a straightforward form and when it is submitted what I want to do is have it create an automatic review date in my calendar. It looks like it should be able to do it but I get this error response even though I think the date time are in the right format:

{
  "status"400,
  "message""String was not recognized as a valid DateTime.\r\nclientRequestId: e0b8783f-2870-4682-812b-ae550fec4c65",
  "error": {
    "message""String was not recognized as a valid DateTime."
  },
  "source""office365-we.azconn-we-01.p.azurewebsites.net"
}

My Flow is: When a new response is submitted --> Get response details --> Create event V4

Thanks in advance,

Dave

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @DaveyD ,

You could put a T between the two Dynamic contents when configuring Start time and End time, like:

123.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
ChristianAbata
Super User
Super User

@DaveyD  this kind of error are becouse you need a specific format.

Please run this example and see if the flow runs well.

formatDateTime(utcNow(),'yyyy-MM-dd')

Then if runs well just you need to change your date to the correct format. 

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DaveyD ,

Could you please provide the screenshot of the Flow configuration?

Does the user manually put the date or pick the date from Calendar?

I have made a test on my side, if we pick the date from the calendar, the Flow works.

Please check my configuration as follows:

112.PNG

Besides, there are some similar thread discussing the same situation, please check it and see if it helps:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Power-Automate/Using-Forms-to-create-an-Outlook-event-at...

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-forms/forms-time-input-question/m-p/14402#

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

Thanks for this - I did try manually changing the format of the date because i thought it might be something like that. 

Where do I put the formatdatetime line?

Thanks,

Dave

Many thanks for this. 

I will try what you've put up and see if it works. 

Here is the flow I created. The date was from one picked from a calendar (so no manual entry). 

Thanks,

Dave

Flow.png

@DaveyD  excellent, please consider to mark an answer as solution to guide others.

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

Hi @DaveyD ,

You could put a T between the two Dynamic contents when configuring Start time and End time, like:

123.PNG

Best Regards,

Many thanks to all of you - working now. Added the T between date and time and also needed some dyanamic in the get response details box. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (4,549)