cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Help with workaround to send email From Office 365 group

I have access to send emails from an Office 365 Group.
I understand that at the moment it seems it's not possible to send emails From an Office 365 group via Flow.

My Flow should:

> When a new sharepoint item is created.

> Send an approval email with options (approve or reject) to the "created by" (initiation) person (it should be from the Office 365 group, but at the moment it is sending From the initiation person's mailbox). 

> Once the initiation person clicks on "Approved", the approval flow should proceed and send an email to the manager (again, it should be from the Office 365 group, but at the moment it is sending From the initiation person's mailbox). 

I would like to know it would be possible to have some workaround, for example:

> A new sharepoint item is created by the initiation person ("created by")
> Flow sends an email with options to the initiation person (it could be from the person him/herself).

> Once the initiation person clicks on Approve, it sends an email to the Group.
> Once a new email arrives in the Group mailbox, it picks up the profile (maybe the UPN) of the Group mailbox (of the "email To") and sends an email with options From that mailbox UPN to the next person.

Is this possible?

If so, please assist on how to create this Flow.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Help with workaround to send email From Office 365 group

Hi @FlowingWo,

Do you want to send an email from the UPN of a Group mailbox to next person?

If you want to send an email from the UPN of a Group mailbox to next person, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in Microsoft Flow currently.

Actually, the UPN of a Group mailbox is same as the email address of the Group mailbox in default. The sender of an email sent via the "Send email with options" action is based on connections. In other words, if user A creates a connection to this action ("Send email with options" action), the sender of the email would be user A.

So if you want to send an email from that Group mailbox UPN, you should create a connection to the "Send email with options" action using that Group mailbox UPN. But creating a connection to the "Send email with options" action using a Group mailbox UPN is not supported in Microsoft Flow currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,412)