cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Helpful HINT: Copying Dyanamic Content from one action to another

If you put a dynamic content block in an action and try to copy and paste it from there into another action you just get text and it doesnt work BUT

If you put a blank space in front on the dynamic content block and then copy and paste the space and the block it works!

This works great if you have text in a Subject or Body type field of a send email or in the Create Work Item action for Visual Studio Teams.

FYI this does not work if the text in front of the block(s) leads with an HTML tag.

So This Works to copy:

a <p> BLOCK 

but this doesnt:

<p> BLOCK.

It is important to remember that if you do this with CERTAIN types of dynamic blocks it might not work. For example it works great moving blocks aabout the sharepoint item that triggered a FLOW between different email messages, etc. It does not work when moving blocks from one scope to the next when the block being moved refers to the ID of, for example, a VSteams work item create. I moved an ID block in a Set Variable action from one scope to another and it retained the old Scope context and threw an error when I tried to save. 🙂

I hope this helps.

Brian Kennemer
Projectified Consulting
www.projectified.com
brian.kennemer@projectified.com
1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Helpful HINT: Copying Dyanamic Content from one action to another

Hi @BrianKennemer,

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow's configuration?

The issue is confirmed on my side, I afraid that copying the dynamic content from one action to another action is not supported in Microsoft Flow currently, If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

In addition, as you mentioned, if you want to copy the dynamic content from one action to another action, you could consider take a try to add a space in front of the dynamic content block and then copy the content, paste it in another action.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (7,221)