cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kbrose
Frequent Visitor

How I can create a new spreadsheet to a new excel file

Hi everyone, 

is it possible to add a new worksheet to an excel file which is created in a previous "action"  in MS Flow?

I can't acces the new file in the "action" "create new worksheet". 

How can I access the folderpath from the created excel file?

Do I have to insert a "action" between these two "actions"

I will get the follwing error: 

The parameter 'file' has an invalid value '/Freigegebene Dokumente/Timesheets/UserXY/UserXY_2019_06.xlsx'."

flow_neues Arbeitsblatt.PNG

I hope someone can help me 🙂

Thanks and kind regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @kbrose 

What you can do is, now when you have the updated file in sharepoint (with the new spreadsheet), You can add an action to get the content of this file and then create a new file in the updated (dynamic folder) with a dynamic name with the .xlsx extension. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

HI @kbrose 

Currently the excel connectors in flow do not support referencing a file dynamically/ through a variable or from dynamic selector etc. which means that you have to select the file by clicking the folder icon and the file should already exist on the library. So in your case, you cannot reference the file like shown in the action in your flow. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

@yashag2255 Hi,

thanks for your answer.
So is it than maybe possible to load Data from a SP List in an existing Excel file and save this file with a new Name (with dynamic variables)?

Kind regards.
yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @kbrose 

Yes. You can definitely create a worksheet on an already existing excel file in the SP documnet library. You need to point that excel file by clicking the folder icon in the action and point to the excel sheet. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Okay thanks, and than I can Copy this file to my dynamic Folder with a dynamic Name in a following action?

Kind regards
yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @kbrose 

What you can do is, now when you have the updated file in sharepoint (with the new spreadsheet), You can add an action to get the content of this file and then create a new file in the updated (dynamic folder) with a dynamic name with the .xlsx extension. 

View solution in original post

okay I will try it. I'll let you know If it's works

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,315)