cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ImprintGroup
Frequent Visitor

How can I base the SQL "when an item is modified v2" trigger off a single table field?

I currently have a flow that emails me lead details when a new lead is added to our database. I've used the SQL When an item is created trigger and it's working great.

But I'm running into a situation where sometimes the name of the lead gets updated in the database as we obtain more information about the event.

I'm trying to use the When an item is modified trigger to capture those name changes. I want this to only send the email if the specific field "ProgramName" is what was modified. I don't want to get an email whenever any other field in that row gets changed.

I'm stuck figuring out what action I can add that evaluates if the ProgramName changed. I looked at the "condition" option hoping I could say if ProgramName changed then use the Yes/No branching to determine the action taken. But there is not an evaluator for if the value of the field has been updated.

Any thoughts on what I could use here?

Thank you in advance!

1 REPLY 1
ImprintGroup
Frequent Visitor

Looks like I have another larger problem in the way of getting this to work.

When I set up the database connection I'm able to connect just fine and it see the two databases but none of the tables in the database show up after it is selected.

I found this: “When an item is modified trigger (V2)” requires ROWVERSION (TIMESTAMP) column.

So, I'm guessing my table doesn't have that column and I'm not in a position to be able to add it. It looks like I'm stuck and not able to use a when something is modified trigger.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (4,832)