cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeanwang
Level: Powered On

How can I change flow trigger without losing the following actions

I have created a long flow, now I realize I have chosen the wrong trigger, if I delete the current trigger, I may lose the following actions in the flow. How can change the trigger type without losing following steps?

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Re: How can I change flow trigger without losing the following actions

It depends on which trigger you are using.  If your trigger does not have any outputs used by other actions in your flow, you can simply right click, choose delete and remove the old trigger and then choose your new trigger.

If the trigger contains outputs that are being referenced later in your flow, you'll have to remove the references to those outputs in the later actions before you can remove and replace the trigger.  

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: How can I change flow trigger without losing the following actions

Hi @jeanwang ,

If the following action uses the output of the trigger body, then when you delete the trigger, the configured content will be removed.

You could consider using a workaround that you can create a copy of Flow. Whenever I need to change the complex configuration of a Flow, I often click Save as to create a copy of the Flow first, which will help restore the configuration of the previous version.

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/make-a-copy/

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,039)