cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Tanner
Level 8

How can I change the "For" user in Approval emails/item cards on the Approvals page?

I have an approval Flow that is kicked off by a generic user account called NoReply_MSFlow whenever a user fills out and submits an InfoPath form on SharePoint. An approval entry is submitted for each hierarchy level in our company: manager, director, VP, etc.

We have an issue where managers are getting confused about who the requests are "for" because there is a "For So-and-So" line in each email and on each request's 'card' in the My Approvals page as you can see below:

Email.PNGEmail viewIn the Email view, I do have the bold text Cell Phone with Stipend Enrollment requested by: that gives the employee's name, but before that, at the very top, there is a "Requested for" field that I can't seem to control. It is basically just repeating the default Outlook functionality of the "From" field and it is confusing managers into thinking there is some account called NoReply_MSFlow that is requesting a cell phone stipend.

ItemCard.PNGItem Card view on Approvals page

Likewise, when managers or directors go to the Approvals page, they see one or more cards that they can click on to see more information. However, until they do that, they only see the above card information, which again says "for NoReply_MSFlow".

I would like to know how to remove these "for" lines or how to change them to display a custom field value, like the Employee Name we already have available as part of the inputted form data.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Administrator
Administrator

Re: How can I change the "For" user in Approval emails/item cards on the Approvals page?

Hey, @Tanner!

You are correct, this feature does not currently exist for Flow in an out-of-the-box way. Please feel free to vote on the product feature idea thread that @v-yamao-msft mentioned previously so that it can be voted into production!

Thanks for being a member of the Flow Community!

-Gabriel

Microsoft Flow Community Manager

-Gabriel
Microsoft Power Automate Community Manager

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: How can I change the "For" user in Approval emails/item cards on the Approvals page?

Hi @Tanner,

I guess that the creator of this flow is using the account NoRely_MSFlow, am I right?

By default, without specifying the Requestor of the approval flow, the request email will be sent out on the creator’s account.

Please try to fill in the Requestor field with corresponding value, then the message will be changed.

1.PNG2.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Tanner
Level 8

Hi @v-yamao-msft,

Yes, this Flow is using the credentials of NoReply_MSFlow for SharePoint, Outlook, and Office 365. The Flow is also an automatic one that is kicked off whenever someone submits an InfoPath form entry to a SharePoint list. I will look, but I don't think I am able to set a different Requestor without having the credentials for all of those users.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Tanner,

There is a similar request from another customer who is requesting delete the display of “from 〇〇(the creator’s name of Flow)”.

I would suggest you vote and comment this idea at here:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/I-have-noticed-that-the-creator-s-name-of-Flow-will-b...

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Tanner
Level 8

@v-yamao-msftSo to be clear, this functionality does not currently exist in Microsoft Flow?

Administrator
Administrator

Hey, @Tanner!

You are correct, this feature does not currently exist for Flow in an out-of-the-box way. Please feel free to vote on the product feature idea thread that @v-yamao-msft mentioned previously so that it can be voted into production!

Thanks for being a member of the Flow Community!

-Gabriel

Microsoft Flow Community Manager

-Gabriel
Microsoft Power Automate Community Manager

View solution in original post

tcs
Level: Power Up

YES, please.  It seems odd that the creators of FLOW would not consider this seemingly basic thing.  I made an approval flow using my admin credentials, so now all the emails say "Requested For Share Point Admin" with the onmicrosoft email associated that has no mailbox.  I did add to say "Submitted by [Author]" in the Details line, but it's still confusing since the "Requested For" is the prominent message there.  Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 368 members 6,499 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: