cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How can I copy files from network folder to SharePoint Document Library

I am trying to synchronize files/folders from our network server directly to a SharePoint Online Document Library, however I don't see an easy way to accomplish this. Am I missing something?

I have a gateway setup on my server, but when I go to create the Flow, I don't see any easy way to copy the files.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Tony

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @TonyC109,

I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:

• Choose a proper trigger, here I use Recurrence trigger, synchronize files/folders
  • Add “List files in folder” action, specify Folder.
  • Add “Apply to each”, input parameter set to output of “List files in folder” action.
  • Within “Apply to each”, add “Get file content using path” action, specify File Path.
  • Add “Create file” action.

Image reference:7.JPG

17.JPG

The flow works successfully as below:9.JPG

Besides, you can also create the flow with “Copy new files from your PC to SharePoint” template.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Kris and thanks for the reply. I will give your workaround a try.

As for using the Template, I have tried that, but it demands a file name and I simply want to copy existing files, not rename them in the new space.

Tony

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Kris,

I have tried the solution you provided and it failed, however the files did indeed copy over. I haven't had time to revisit, but I should be able to test again shortly.

Thank you!

Tony

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,641)