cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
timmytooltime

How can I find out the payload url?

Hi,

I'm really sorry for the newbie question, but I've searched the boards and can't find what I'm looking for.

I'm trying to build a flow so that when someone submits a completed survey in Survey123 for ArcGIS, i get an email notification. One of the first things Survey123 asks is for the "payload url". This is the text it comes up with;

"The payload URL is where the survey information will be sent. This needs to be provided by an external webhook service."

I've signed up here, but there's no where i can see that can tell me what my payload url might be. Can anyone help me with this please? I'd be extremely grateful.

Tim.

4 REPLIES 4
v-yuazh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @timmytooltime,

Could you please share a screenshot of the configuration of your flow?

Could you please share more details about your scenes so we would try to provide a proper workaround for you.

Best regards,

Alice

Hey, @timmytooltime!

It appears as though @v-yuazh-msft would like some more information in order to further assist you properly with your issue. Please share any additional information that was requested in order to decrease the amount of time that it will take for you to be assisted!

Thank you for being an active member of the Flow Community!

-Gabriel
Flow Community Manager

- Gabriel
Community Manager
Power Automate | Power Virtual Agents
Super User Program Manager

Hi @v-yuazh-msft,

@timmytooltime is referring to ArcGIS Survey123 Payload URL. This Payload URL is a URL provided by an external webhook service as hes mentioned. It allows the creator of surveys to control which content is sent to the payload URL (Survey info, Server response, User Info, Server Info, etc).

2018-07-30_1132.png

As an example, Integromat has a 'Webhook' trigger which builds a payload URL which we're able to provide into Survey123. For example: https://hook.integromat.com/hlr9j0kiqr8oauhqql0f5uj81r883s6g. When a survey is submitted, the content is sent to this URL and integromat is triggered, parses the contents of Survery123, and begins its workflow.

From what I can tell, Flow doesn't have this capacity. It has recently implemented a Survey123 Trigger, but this trigger only contains the contents of the survey submitted. What if we want the Server Response, Server info or Portal Info?

I'm looking to replace Integromat with Flow as my client is a Microsoft Partner (I'm Esri Canada staff, and very new to Flow). Hopefully we can sort out some workaround for this. 

Please let me know if you need any other details.

Thanks,

Tom

Slight Update - When the connection between Flow and Survey123 Trigger is made, it builds a Webhook automatically in Survey123. This Webhook includes the generated Payload URL mentioned above.

2018-07-30_1258.png

Initially, the only event data option selected is the Submitted record option. I've tested enabling the other 4 and running the flow, but this makes no difference, I'm still only able to access the Submitted Record dynamic content, and none of the Survey Info, User Info, or Server response data.

I'll continue testing to see if there is anything more I can do.

Update:  I'm in another thread with the Survey123 Development team regarding this question, once I know the answer I'll update this thread with the details. For those with GeoNet Access: https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2018/07/19/automating-workflows-with-survey123-and-...

Final Update: As of July 31st, Flow Survey123 Trigger only supports Submitted Record Data but the Survey123 Team is considering adding the other data as well. Keep an eye on the above GeoNet post for more details.

Tom

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (3,761)