cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fsalazarma
Regular Visitor

How can I put data from a Forms form to a variable?

Hello to the entire power automate community, 

I appreciate you tell me how I can put data into a variable from a Forms survey, I need to enter data such as completion date and other 55 fields from a survey to automate an approval process and have a Database for subsequent downloads. It is also necessary to create additional variables to manually enter data by the approvers. In some cases the fields are calculated with excel functions.

I ask the question because I don't know how to do it. 

Thank you very much for your help.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Rahber
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hello,

You can use Microsoft Forms Trigger "When a new response is submitted"

forms flow.PNG

As you can see that i can get all my variables of the Form in the Dynamic Content. After this Flow i can use Approvals Action to trigger and Approval and then save it into a database or excel sheet where ever you like.

Please click Accept as Solution if it resolved your problem or give it a Thumbs Up if it helped you in anyway this will allow other people to search correct solutions effectively.

Thanks,

Rahber

View solution in original post

Hi, thanks for your answer. I have anpther problem, i cant see the questions of survey in the dynamic content, when i use HTML to Text (preview). 

fsalazarma_0-1593479528988.png

Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Rahber
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hello,

You can use Microsoft Forms Trigger "When a new response is submitted"

forms flow.PNG

As you can see that i can get all my variables of the Form in the Dynamic Content. After this Flow i can use Approvals Action to trigger and Approval and then save it into a database or excel sheet where ever you like.

Please click Accept as Solution if it resolved your problem or give it a Thumbs Up if it helped you in anyway this will allow other people to search correct solutions effectively.

Thanks,

Rahber

Hi, thanks for your answer. I have anpther problem, i cant see the questions of survey in the dynamic content, when i use HTML to Text (preview). 

fsalazarma_0-1593479528988.png

Thanks for your help.

Hi @fsalazarma,

That is the content limits. If you still want to get the dynamic content which not is HTML, you could add a compose action before the HTML to text action, put these dynamic content into the Compose action, then put the Output of compose into the HTML to text action:

Annotation 2020-07-03 110728.jpg

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (3,145)