cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fsalazarma
Regular Visitor

How can I put data from a Forms form to a variable?

Hello to the entire power automate community, 

I appreciate you tell me how I can put data into a variable from a Forms survey, I need to enter data such as completion date and other 55 fields from a survey to automate an approval process and have a Database for subsequent downloads. It is also necessary to create additional variables to manually enter data by the approvers. In some cases the fields are calculated with excel functions.

I ask the question because I don't know how to do it. 

Thank you very much for your help.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Rahber
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hello,

You can use Microsoft Forms Trigger "When a new response is submitted"

forms flow.PNG

As you can see that i can get all my variables of the Form in the Dynamic Content. After this Flow i can use Approvals Action to trigger and Approval and then save it into a database or excel sheet where ever you like.

Please click Accept as Solution if it resolved your problem or give it a Thumbs Up if it helped you in anyway this will allow other people to search correct solutions effectively.

Thanks,

Rahber

View solution in original post

Hi, thanks for your answer. I have anpther problem, i cant see the questions of survey in the dynamic content, when i use HTML to Text (preview). 

fsalazarma_0-1593479528988.png

Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Rahber
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hello,

You can use Microsoft Forms Trigger "When a new response is submitted"

forms flow.PNG

As you can see that i can get all my variables of the Form in the Dynamic Content. After this Flow i can use Approvals Action to trigger and Approval and then save it into a database or excel sheet where ever you like.

Please click Accept as Solution if it resolved your problem or give it a Thumbs Up if it helped you in anyway this will allow other people to search correct solutions effectively.

Thanks,

Rahber

Hi, thanks for your answer. I have anpther problem, i cant see the questions of survey in the dynamic content, when i use HTML to Text (preview). 

fsalazarma_0-1593479528988.png

Thanks for your help.

Hi @fsalazarma,

That is the content limits. If you still want to get the dynamic content which not is HTML, you could add a compose action before the HTML to text action, put these dynamic content into the Compose action, then put the Output of compose into the HTML to text action:

Annotation 2020-07-03 110728.jpg

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (3,695)