cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
akt
Level: Powered On

How can I read the multiple excel files and read the dynamic excel tables and rows?

HI,

Currently, I am working on one of the requirement that, I need to import data in sharepoint list from multiple excel sheet located on one drive.

I need to make sure that data will not be duplicate.

I have already created flow based on the prefined table from predificed excel sheet and successfully imported data into the list.

But my problem is that how can I read rows from the dynamic tables from the excel sheet ?

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: How can I read the multiple excel files and read the dynamic excel tables and rows?

Hi @akt,

Do the multiple excel files contain duplicated data?

Do the multiple excel files have same data structure?

Further, does the OneDrive folder have any other type files except excel files?

I assume that multiple excel files don’t contain duplicated data and have same data structure, please take a try with the following workaround:

• Choose a proper trigger, here I use Flow Button trigger.
  • Add “List files in folder” action, specify Folder of OneDrive.
  • Add a “Apply to each”, input parameter set to output of “List files in folder” action.
  • Within “Apply to each”, add a Condition, left input box set to Name content of “List files in folder” action, right input box set to .xlsx, in middle drop down, choose contains.
  • Within “If/yes” branch of Condition, add “Get rows” action, File name set to Id content of output of “List files in folder” action, Table name set to Table1.

Note: Format excel file with default table name—Table1.

• Add a “Apply to each 2” action, input parameter set to output of “Get rows” action.
  • Within “Apply to each 2”, add “Create item” action.

Image reference:7.JPG

8.JPG

The flow works successfully as below:9.JPG

10.JPG

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
akt
Level: Powered On

Re: How can I read the multiple excel files and read the dynamic excel tables and rows?

Thank You for replying my message.

No, Multiple excel files do not contain duplicate data.

Yes, Multiple excel files have same data structure.

No, It will not contain other types of file but How I can get files which are modified today?

Actually, I have many tables\sheets with same table structure in one excel sheet. And there will be many excel files, How I can get the sheet name from the excel sheet and rows from the same? 

Once this excel sheet has been already imported, then it will not consider in next lot except somebody has added new sheet\table in that excel file.

I have already tried with for each loop. But I didn't get row values. I also need to filter blank rows from the excel sheet.

Please find below screen shot.

flow.PNGMulti Items flow

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,352)