cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Angelbrain

How can I take a single piece of data from excel and use it to name share point folder?

Hello.

I have a requirement for the following from a form I have created:

When the form is filled out and submitted I require power automate to do 4 actions..

• create a new line in an excel doc, creating a unique ‘job number’ for each line.
  • create an item in planner.
  • create a new folder in sharepoint for attachments, included in the form submission, along with a .txt file with form data. 
  • email to confirm completed form.

I have all of the above working but what I would like to is take the unique ‘job number’ from the newly created line in excel and use that to name the sharepoint folder and planner entry.

Any and all advice is welcome.

cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Angelbrain,

Based on the issue that you mentioned, do you want to name the folder once a new job number is submitted?

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Actually, if you want to create a new folder dynamically when you submit a new job number, you could check as below:

vqiaqimsft_0-1638784438034.png

Best Regards,
Qi

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Angelbrain,

Based on the issue that you mentioned, do you want to name the folder once a new job number is submitted?

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Actually, if you want to create a new folder dynamically when you submit a new job number, you could check as below:

vqiaqimsft_0-1638784438034.png

Best Regards,
Qi

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,568)