cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pennyland
Advocate II
Advocate II

How can an approver then override values in excel after clicking the 'approve' button?

I'd like for my final approver to be able to override data in a table during the approval process.

For example - if the requester chose something incorrectly OR the approver wants to add something to the initial request such as a value in a new dropdown, how can i trigger this action?

Ideally I'd love to have a 3rd button (approve, deny, approve with updates) - where the 3rd button both approves the request (follows my normal flow), AND brings up a new form for the approver to make changes by selecting the key id - and going through a separate form which updates the excel table.

Is there something in the approval process that can trigger this additional flow should they decide to select that 3rd option?

1 REPLY 1
alrez
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,

Unfortunately the approval connection and actions only allow either an approve or deny response. You could potentially use the Email with options action which will allow you to create 3 responses, however it will not provide all the same functionality. Take a look and see if that would work for your flow.

Regards,

Alex

-------

Community Support Team _ Alex Rezac
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,552)