cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Roberto_el_Hajj
Super User
Super User

How can i send data from SharePoint to an Oracle database in real time?

Hello everyone,

I want to send the data that is being inserted in SharePoint to an Oracle database using Power Automate but I have some concerns and my concerns are as mentioned below:

- How do I determine if a record was created newly, modified, or deleted in SharePoint so I can do the same in Oracle DB, and how?

- Is it better to connect the Oracle DB to the Canvas Application directly or doesn't matter?

So how would I achieve that using Power Automate and what is the preferred practice?

Any additional advice is very welcome.

Thank you.

PS: What I need is a brief explanation, no need to create a Power Automate flow to answer me, just a simple explanation, thank you in advance 😀.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Shujaath_Khan
Super User
Super User

Hi @Roberto_el_Hajj 

you can do it, as there are diff. triggers for sharepoint already available like

• When Item created
  • When item modified

2) connection to oracle DB can be done and actually depends on your business usecase. infact you put power automate to work so it can feed data to canvas app quicker way.

Thanks
Please click Accept as Solution on this reply if it helped to solve your issue, and thumbs-up if you feel this is useful or important in other ways as a boost.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgQWIrxj5KrZ2nlx3CDYhEg/playlists

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Shujaath_Khan
Super User
Super User

Hi @Roberto_el_Hajj 

you can do it, as there are diff. triggers for sharepoint already available like

• When Item created
  • When item modified

2) connection to oracle DB can be done and actually depends on your business usecase. infact you put power automate to work so it can feed data to canvas app quicker way.

Thanks
Please click Accept as Solution on this reply if it helped to solve your issue, and thumbs-up if you feel this is useful or important in other ways as a boost.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgQWIrxj5KrZ2nlx3CDYhEg/playlists

Roberto_el_Hajj
Super User
Super User

@Shujaath_Khan  Thank you for your help, I really appreciate It.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (1,620)