Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
phearin
Helper III
Helper III

How can we copy/move attachment file from sharepoint list to BOX

Dear Team,

Could you please let me know how can we build flow for copy/move attachment file from sharepoint list to BOX? 

Thanks,

Phearin 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Hi @phearin ,

Please use When an item is created as a trigger.

You want to get the attachments contained in the list item, not the files in the SharePoint library.

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Hi @phearin ,

Sorry, I am not familiar with the contents of PowerApps, I am afraid I am not able to give an accurate workaround.

Please consider submitting your question here, I believe that you would get a more professional solution here.

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

8 REPLIES 8
SamPo
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi @phearin 

I'm not familiar with BOX but normally when uploading a file using flow you need to use a similar format to the one below. This example is from uploading to Jira but should work anywhere where the 'file' option would work in Postman

Screenshot 2019-04-09 at 21.png

{
  "$content-type": "multipart/form-data",
  "$multipart": [
    {
      "headers": {
        "Content-Disposition": "form-data; name=\"file\"; filename=XXXXX"
      },
      "body": XXXXX
    }
  ]
}

The 'body' should be the file content you get when retrieving the file.

Hope this helps,

Sam

Dear @SamPo ,

Thank for your comment, but it seems I couldn't get it from your below clue. 

I have sharepoint which store attached file (Any files) when user is uploading. then what I want is: to fectch the attach file on SharePoint to store it on BOX. This is the idea.

Thanks,

Phearin 

Hi @phearin ,

Please refer to the following method to configure Flow.

• Use Get attachments action to get all the attachments in the item, then configure Get attachment content action to get the attachment content.
  • Finally use Create file action to create a file in Box.

Image reference:

17.PNG

If you want to store all the attachments contained in the list in Box, you could use Get items to get all the items first.

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

Dear @v-bacao-msft ,

I tried to follow that, but the Get attachements doesn't show "ID". Could you please let me know? what is wrong to the screen below.  

2019-04-23 09_01_23-Window.png

Thanks,

Phearin

Hi @phearin ,

Please use When an item is created as a trigger.

You want to get the attachments contained in the list item, not the files in the SharePoint library.

Regards,

Dear @v-bacao-msft ,

Thank for your comment, it is working now.

Thanks,

Phearin

Hi @v-bacao-msft ,

Could you please assist on this issue? 

I have created form from scratch and connect it with data source in sharepoint. Then I tried to add attachment field to the form. However, when I am tring to run it, it won't show me with correct form of attach file. It said "No item display".

Design Mode.pngPreview Mode.png

Thanks,

Phearin 

Hi @phearin ,

Sorry, I am not familiar with the contents of PowerApps, I am afraid I am not able to give an accurate workaround.

Please consider submitting your question here, I believe that you would get a more professional solution here.

Best Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Carousel April Dunnam Updated 768x460.jpg

Urdu Hindi D365 Bootcamp

Dont miss our very own April Dunnam’s The Developer Guide to the Galaxy! Find out what the Power Platform has to offer for the traditional developer.

Users online (4,464)