cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnjohn123
Super User
Super User

How can we restrict permissions on sub folders

We have a remote event receiver inside SharePoint online, where the remote event receiver will get fired when an item get created inside a SharePoint custom list >> and it will create folders and sub-folders inside a document library >> now we want to use Power Automate to set unique permissions on the sub-folders that will be created automatically.

The sub-folders will have names such as Sub-1 , Sub-2, sub-3 , etc and based on the name we need to assign some SharePoint groups and AD groups read/write permission on each of the sub-folders (based on the sub-folder name). so does power automate provide a read-made action to assign unique permissions to sub-folders? or to do so i need to utilize the SharePoint API , through using Send HTTP request action inside power automate to break the permission of the sub-folder and then assign unique permission to it?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
DJSigSoft

I have the exact same issue if anyone can offer a suggestion, I have found a method to do this to the folder itself, but not sub folders

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

PA Survey Carousel Image.png

We want to hear from you!

If you are a small business ISV/Reseller, share your thoughts with our research team.

Users online (1,659)