cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: How can you enter a Newline into a string?

Hi,

You can use html tags for newline i.e <br> tags might help you

If your issue is resolved please accept this as solution

thanks

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hello,

Yes, to format the email, use the html tags and <br> will help in new line character. Make sure in the advanced setting of email,     "is HTML" is set to 'yes'

Thanks and Regards,

Bharat

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Came across something really simple. What you do is put your mouse cursor into that value field, press Enter on the keyboard so it adds the line/carriage return. That is it. Verify using PeekCode view, you should see character return value.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@jvdlinden  I tried this method, and it doesn't work for me - I'm still not getting carriage returns.  Any suggestions?

DBean_0-1597431085690.png

DBean_1-1597431098538.png

DBean_2-1597431111309.png

DBean_3-1597431321621.png

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Looks to me like you might be getting a carriage return in your final results (after "Comments" and before "Link to request").

Make sure your email is not set to HTML.

Did you mean to put a LineFeed after each "Response?"

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@PepPower Yes, my apologies - I left that detail out.  I'm appending the name, decision, and decision notes to the variable at the end of each of four parallel approval threads, then displaying the contents of the variable in the decision email.  I've included the line feed variable at the end of each of the Append actions, so there should be a carriage return after each Notes field.

I looked in the email settings, and I don't see any mention of HTML.  There is a Code View button in the editor - is that what you're referring to?

Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

@PepPower I know I am late to the party, but thank you for your steps.

I was stuck trying to figure out how to add a hard return.  The connection I was trying to send information to would not take the HTML <br/> or any other formatting options.

Creating an empty variable with a return as the initial value allowed me to separate my text and appear properly.  Many thanks

Highlighted

Re: How can you enter a Newline into a string?va

Initialize a new variable and set the value as <br>

Use this variable in the value of "Append to string variable"

this will break the dynamic values in the string. Cheers.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,670)