cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I a build table from scratch in excel using specified columns from sharepoint list data? (I'm getting errors and not sure why - see pics below)

How do I a build table from scratch in excel using specified columns from sharepoint list data? (I'm getting errors and not sure why - see pics below)

I am attempting to build a flow that will create a new worksheet and a new table in that worksheet (in an existing excel file in sharepoint). 

The flow is then supposed to take 3 specified columns from a SharePoint list ('Title', 'VisitDate', and 'Building Areas') and add them to the table under three columns called (Title, Date, Location). Also the flow filters the data so that only data from the last 7 days is pulled from sharepoint.

The worksheet was successfully created and the table was successfully created in that worksheet (it had 3 columns as specified). The data in sharepoint also filtered correctly. But, the sharepoint data was not added under those 3 columns properly and so the flow failed. Does anyone know how to fix this?

pictures attached below:

rsz_screenshot_272.pngScreenshot (276).pngScreenshot (275).png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please remove the last comma "," after the last column.

1.png

Best Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Take a try to enter the column value with type below:

{
    "column1":"value",
    "column2":"value"
}

The link below for your reference:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Create-a-Worksheet-and-Table-in-Excel-and-then-adding-data-to/td-p/183589

Best Regards,

Alice

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry for the late reply, I appreciate you answering my question, unfortunately when I tried this message I get the following error:

(Perhaps there is a step I'm missing that I have to do before}

avrahad_0-1594039954653.png

Highlighted

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please remove the last comma "," after the last column.

1.png

Best Regards,

Alice

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,530)