cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amybabinchak2

How do I find out why my flow is still running?

Help I have a flow configured that's pretty basic and one I've used before. This flow populates data from Microsoft Forms into sharepoint online and sends the person an email (365). However, I have really inconsistent results and it's kind of important that I get the submissions to finish so that everyone gets the email at the very least. 

I don't get how to post images here. Very ackward. Anyway, sometimes the flow completes in a few seconds, some in a few hours, some have been running for 18 days! I need to find out why. Is there a log or status that will tell me what it's hung up on?

13 REPLIES 13
efialttes
Super User III
Super User III

@amybabinchak2 

Your flow details page has a section called 'Run history' where you can check status of flow executions on the last month

https://sharepains.com/2020/01/06/search-through-all-your-flow-runs-in-power-automate/

Hope this helps

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

abm
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @amybabinchak2 

For posting the images you need to click the image icon (Camera) below.

image.png

Click on the three dots of your flow

image.png

Click Analytics. Once the Analytics screen is loaded then click the Error tab. You should be able to see all the run history here.

Yes @efialttes  mentioned you should be able see your triggered runs by checking the run history. 

If your flow is not triggering and if you thinking that should trigger then raise this with Microsoft support. If you raise the support try removing the existing trigger and add again the trigger. See whether that works or not. If not try refreshing your trigger connection by removing the existing connection and add it again.

I can understand your frustration in this but there is no direct way to analyse this particular issue.

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blogPower Automate Video Tutorials

The flow is triggering just fine and in flow history is where I see that they are running forever but only sometimes. I need to know why it sometimes never finishes or takes a very long time to do so while other times it is 1 second.

Yes my flow is triggering just fine it seems. I'm looking to discover why some finish and some never do. Further down a bunch finish in 1 second and then in between the 1 second finishes some have been running for 18 days. It makes no sense. I need to get down to the bottom of it.

flowsstillrunning.png

@amybabinchak2 

I guess you already inspected the flow execution from the ones still running, right? Just by clicking on any of them you can inspect flow execution

Flow_neverending.png

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Thank you for the analytics suggestion but there are no errors reported. 😞 

Here is the flow configuration and what it looks like on the "running" flows.

flowdetails.pngflowrunning.png

abm
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @amybabinchak2 

Thanks for the screenshot. You could do the following:

Click on each running flows from run history and cancel those(See the right hand side button cancel). There are some running for few days now. Once all are cancelled then try submitting a new one and see whether that works or not. Also you could click on each failed flow history, open the record and try to resubmit.

If none of the above works raise this with Microsoft Power Automate support. Yes the flow runs are asynchronous (Except HTTP)  and generally it should finish within few minutes not long hours or days.

Thanks

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Absolutely maddening. These are real customers and I can't even find out where it is hanging or why and then it just works out of the blue for one person. I guess I will take it up with support and see if they have a way to find out why this is occurring.

maddening.png

Hi!

Can you share a screenshot from your Flow design, so we can have a look of what's inside the Apply to Each?

Thanx!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Yes I have done that in a previous reply. Here is is again. If you're after something else please let me know. I'm happy for the help.flowdetails.png

abm
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @amybabinchak2 

Could you please show a run history of your trigger which is running for a while. Just want to see what it is returning?

Thanks

Proud to be a Flownaut!

efialttes
Super User III
Super User III

Not 100% sure, but I think Apply to each is not needed anymore, as you can see in the following post
https://clavinfernandes.wordpress.com/2020/01/01/convertmerge-microsoft-form-attachments-to-pdf/
Hope this helps

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Hi @amybabinchak2 ,

First thing, you configured a Send email with options action in the Flow, so the flow only will end after the specified user selected any response. Unless there is no response after 30 days, the flow will time out.

Besides, as mentioned by @efialttes , we no need to add Apply to each any longer when we want to get the response of Microsoft Forms.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (35,072)