cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

How do I get the properties of a selected file?

I am building a basic Flow to create a Planner task when a file is selected in a SharePoint document library. I want the add the name of the file selected, in the title of the task created, but I cannot get that to work. I can't seem to be able to get the file properties. Here is what my flow looks like

Flow.PNG

What am I doing wrong here? The ID in the "Get file metadata" is pulling the ID of the selected file, and the "Get file properties" action is getting the ItemId of from the "Get file metadata" action. 

Thanks for the help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @Spawn10 

You're doing the right steps.

While in  the Planner title-->Add dynamic content will show multiple places to get the file name. All your SP actions actually output a file name.

Amanthaper_1-1603816173396.png

Cheers,

Aman

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post helps you with your problem or answers your question, please mark it Solved or Answered. This helps anyone with similar challenges. If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

Sumen_0-1603814641101.png

Have you tried "fileName" ?

Highlighted
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @Spawn10 

You're doing the right steps.

While in  the Planner title-->Add dynamic content will show multiple places to get the file name. All your SP actions actually output a file name.

Amanthaper_1-1603816173396.png

Cheers,

Aman

If my post helps you with your problem or answers your question, please mark it Solved or Answered. This helps anyone with similar challenges. If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,655)