cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Spawn10
Helper II
Helper II

How do I get the "When an item or a file modified" trigger to fire off a flow?

I created a flow triggered on "When an item or a file is modified" on a SharePoint list, using an automated blank template. Each time I modify an item in my SharePoint list, the flow isn't being fired. When I look under the 28-day run history, it shows that there are no instances that have been initiated. I normally check this history to see if the flow failed or succeeded, but not a single instance is displayed. I have made sure that the flow is referencing the right SharePoint list, and I have been modifying items on the list to attempt to get an instance to run...no luck.

Has anyone experienced this problem using this trigger? If so, how was it resolved? Any workarounds?

3 REPLIES 3
abm
Super User
Super User

Hi @Spawn10 

Could you remove the current trigger and add it again? Also make sure that you haven't had any specific trigger conditions set under the settings.

image.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blogPower Automate Video Tutorials

Hi @abm 

I have even tried to create a simple test flow to try to get the trigger to fire. This is a simple flow I just put together to send a test email when an item on the SharePoint list is modified, and still the trigger does not fire. 

I have also enabled versioning on the SharePoint list, as it seems to be a prerequisite as stated in this post.

test.PNG

I have also included a screenshot of settings of the trigger on here. Is this wrong?

trigger stettings.PNG

Hi @Spawn10 

The configuration looks good to me. Could you raise this with Power Automate support. Hopefully you should get the right help for this. 

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blogPower Automate Video Tutorials

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,489)