cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bballjoe12
Frequent Visitor

How do I grab values from a select map to output to an Excel table?

Does anyone know the best way to output this body and insert it into an excel file?  When I select the action, "Add a row to an Excel table," none of the values from the select are available.  This select action is within a "Apply to each."  Is there someway I could grab the values from the select map and put those into variables and then output those into the excel table?

11.jpg

1.jpg

The below is what the select action is outputting:

Annotation 2021-04-22 234253.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Paulie78
Super User
Super User

Add a row to an Excel table is an item level action, but select produces an array. So if you add a parse JSON step and use the select as the input for it, and paste in a sample of the output into the schema generation tool, then you can go into an apply to each action using the parse JSON as the source. Then within the loop you will be at the item level and Add a row to an Excel table will work.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Paulie78
Super User
Super User

Add a row to an Excel table is an item level action, but select produces an array. So if you add a parse JSON step and use the select as the input for it, and paste in a sample of the output into the schema generation tool, then you can go into an apply to each action using the parse JSON as the source. Then within the loop you will be at the item level and Add a row to an Excel table will work.

This worked perfect! Thank you SO much!

@Paulie78,

Is there any other form of output I could use other than an Excel table which would be easily importable to Power BI?

Reason I am asking is because I then use the Excel table inside of Power BI.  The issue is the Excel table will have at least 1000 rows but these rows will need to get deleted every morning for a new refresh of data.  I'm thinking if I use another apply to each earlier in my flow to go through the Excel file and delete 1000s of rows, the flow will take VERY long. 

Paulie78
Super User
Super User

Why not just use a CSV?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

MPA Licensing.jpg

Ask your licensing questions at the Power Automate AMA!

Join Priya Kodukula and the licensing team, super users and MVPs to find answers to your questions on Power Automate licensing.

Users online (4,049)