cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arpost
Super User
Super User

How do I include Dataverse lookup records in a new Dataverse record?

I am trying to add a new record to the Dataverse and populate two lookup columns using dynamic content from Dataverse tables. Every time I try to add a new record, I get a "Resource not found for the segment XXXXX" message. My flow is configured as follows:

arpost_0-1628700500852.png

The Get Created Model is a "Get by Row ID" and the "Get Default Forecast Values" is a "List rows" step, so I'm wanting to create a new record for each Forecast Value and link to the Fee Type and the ForecastModel from the previous steps.

Anyone have any ideas? About to pull my hair out.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
arpost
Super User
Super User

So I figured it out with the help of this blog post (https://linnzawwin.blogspot.com/2019/11/power-automate-how-to-set-lookup-field.html). I saw some similar posts in the Community forum as well but didn't quite make sense of it until I found this article.

To summarize, it appears that the current Dataverse connector STILL expects users to input the plural name of the Dataverse field and then enclose the dynamic GUID content block in parens:

arpost_0-1628720083587.png

Why? I have no idea... I've heard it was "by design," but this literally took hours for me to figure out, so I hope the Microsoft team will resolve that behavior as it turns the "low-code/no-code" nature of the Power Platform into "low-code/no-code/hope-you-can-stumble-across-a-solution-code"! 😞

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
arpost
Super User
Super User

So I figured it out with the help of this blog post (https://linnzawwin.blogspot.com/2019/11/power-automate-how-to-set-lookup-field.html). I saw some similar posts in the Community forum as well but didn't quite make sense of it until I found this article.

To summarize, it appears that the current Dataverse connector STILL expects users to input the plural name of the Dataverse field and then enclose the dynamic GUID content block in parens:

arpost_0-1628720083587.png

Why? I have no idea... I've heard it was "by design," but this literally took hours for me to figure out, so I hope the Microsoft team will resolve that behavior as it turns the "low-code/no-code" nature of the Power Platform into "low-code/no-code/hope-you-can-stumble-across-a-solution-code"! 😞

testasdfasfsafa
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

I just wasted a ton of time on this issue. I don't know why Microsoft took something simple (like selecting the GUID) and forcing a user to find the logical name or internal name and make it plural, etc...   This is NOT "workflow for everyone" as Microsoft claims.

@arpost thanks for sharing - you saved me hours - I never would have figured that out.

You’re welcome! Glad it helped.

manishhada1985
Regular Visitor

This plural thing really a problem and it wasted lots of my time. 

testasdfasfsafa
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

This is terrible design...  the previous Dynamics 365 and legacy dataverse doesn't need this kind of complicated input.  Just you put the lookup id and you were done.   Going backwards...  This product is so messy on so many ways, it's frustrating. Please change the leadership team...

Hola, coincido  con Tigo , para las cargas masivas o insertar en diferentes tablas es muy tedioso sin embargo he encontrado una forma de hacerlo y espero que te pueda servir 

🚀como realizar una carga masiva a Dataverse sin flujos - YouTube 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,551)