cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elll
Helper I
Helper I

How do I make an error message show in power automate?

I have a power automate flow like this

2. list rows

3. apply to each: relate rows

4. apply to each: condition

if form field is equal to table column 1

and table column 2 is equal to True

if yes       if no

I need the 'if no' section to show an error message to the user. Is there a way to do this? Thanks for any help!

3 REPLIES 3
PhilipTreacy
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi @elll 

What's the purpose of the flow?  If you are trying to do data validation on the form, that should be done at the time the form is being filled in.

I don't know the details of what you are doing but the flow will run after the form is submitted.  So there's no immediate, in your face way to alert the user at that point.  You can send an email or other similar means of communication.  In the No section of the Condition, choose the appropriate messaging option

flowmsg.png

Regards

Phil

CatiaB
Helper II
Helper II

Hi @elll 

If I understand your problem correctly, according to this thread (https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Using-Flows/Get-error-message-for-the-action-on-failure/m-p/3116...), the get error message as dynamic content is currently unavailable as a direct action in Power Automate.

Yeah I'm trying to validate the form field using another tables data. I was trying it using JQuery but I can't figure out how to reference the other table in the code. So I tried seeing if I could do it using Automate.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (5,583)