cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Furious_Mustard

How do I return the text string instead of GUID for 'Potential Customer' and 'Owner' from a quote?

I am new to Power Automate so I appreciate there may be a simple fix for this.

I'm setting up a workflow that emails the owner of a quote if it hasn't been modified for two weeks.  I've created the flow and it runs smoothly and sends the email at the end.  The issue is, it is returning the GUID for 'Potential Customer' and 'Owner', whereas I need it to show the text.

Here is my flow:

Furious_Mustard_0-1602167077626.png

Furious_Mustard_0-1602167296774.png

Can anybody advise what I need to do to return a text string for the 'Potential Customer' and 'Owner' fields?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Please ignore the above, I have now solved the issue

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
fchopo
Super User
Super User

Hello @Furious_Mustard 

You could get the owner data using the "Get User Profile (V2) action, using its id as a parameter:

getuser.png

For the customer, you should search for its data using the "list records" action (using the Customers entity) and using an OData filter expression:

_ownerid_ eq item()?['owner_id_value']

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

Thanks very much for your help however that has gone completely over my head.  I'm new to this so don't understand by what you mean by 'using its ID as a parameter'.  Which ID? Does this mean I can't set it up unless I manually enter in a GUID to the flow?

And regarding the list records action, should this go below or above the current list records action based on the screenshot in my initial post?  I've tried what you've said and it keeps failing.  

Should the OData filter expression go into the Filter Query input?

Please ignore the above, I have now solved the issue

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events happening this month - don't miss out!

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (2,459)