cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elisantibanez

How do I send a reminder with Sharepoint List and Modified Time

I need a flow that can send an email out to the assigned individual on a SharePoint list, reminding them every 2 weeks to update their item if they haven't done so in a week. 

Here is the screenshot below of what I've built, but I'm sure I'm doing it wrong. Hope you can help, thank you!!

Screen Shot 2021-05-14 at 10.22.49 AM.png

2 REPLIES 2
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@elisantibanez 

You'll want to use a filter query on your Get items action.  I can provide an example but I don't quite understand your requirement.  Do you want an email to go out if the item hasn't been updated in a week or 2 weeks?

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
PrasadAthalye
Community Champion
Community Champion

1. you don't need GetList Action. You can remove it.
  2. Use Subtract from time using utcnow() function days to arrive at time which is 1 week back. Example, I subtracted 5 days.
  3. Then use that date as a filter within GetItems to filter all items that were not modified in last week. Use that collection to iterate and send email.

PrasadAthalye_1-1621008592730.png

Finally, Create a column in the list to store Reminder Sent Date and Update the date to todays date after you send email. Then add a condition just before SendEmail to check if Difference between todays date and EmailSend date is > 14 days. If yes, send email else not.

Please Like and Mark this as Answer if it resolves your Issue.

Power Automate Community

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (4,464)