cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Spawn10
Helper II
Helper II

How do I send email to a SharePoint group?

I am building a flow that I want to use to send out notifications. This seems simple enough, but I have not been able to figure out how to send emails to a SharePoint Group. Is this something that is do-able? I want to have SharePoint groups I can use. 

Is there a way to send email to a SharePoint group? I want everyone in the group to receive the email, when sent. Is this possible, or is there a workaround? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

SharePoint groups don't have an email address.  Office Groups are used in a lot of newer implementations and they do have an associated email address.  For a SharePoint group you would have to use an HTTP request to get the group membership and then send the email to each person.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

SharePoint groups don't have an email address.  Office Groups are used in a lot of newer implementations and they do have an associated email address.  For a SharePoint group you would have to use an HTTP request to get the group membership and then send the email to each person.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

@Pstork1  Thank you so much for pointing me in the right direction. I was able to get it done with using the send HTTP request action. 

Much thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi @Spawn10 , could you please advise what steps you have followed to achieve your result? I found this tutorial about the needed action steps: https://www.c-sharpcorner.com/article/send-mail-to-sharepoint-group-members-using-power-automate/. Have you used similar logic?

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,748)