cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JBennett12
Helper III
Helper III

How do I set my recurrence to the last week of the month

I am trying to make a flow that will run on the last week of the month. Since every month will be different, I don't just want to pick a day. I would rather have it run a week before the end of the month. Is this possible? I didn't see how to select anything besides a date.

Thank you,

1 REPLY 1
Rhiassuring
Super User
Super User

Hi there, 

I think what you'll typically find as a recommendation for this situation is to run the flow on a daily schedule, then make a condition for it to continue running if it's the correct day, and end if it isn't. 

Now, what to put in that condition, you'll find different opinions. Myself, I like to make a list to reference. Then all I have to do is query the list and say "hey PA, are any of these dates = today? If so, run the flow." 

Other folks like to use expressions in a Compose to see if it's specifically, for example, the last day of the month. I think that in itself would be easy - but I'm not sure on your exact need since you're saying "a week before the end of the month."  

Is that 7 days?

7 business days?

5 business days?

What if that day lands on a saturday, sunday, or holiday - do you still want it to run?

Those kinds of fun questions spring to mind..

Did this answer your question? Please mark it as the solution.
Did it contribute positively towards finding the final solution? Please give it a thumbs up.

I answer questions on the forum for 2-3 hours every Thursday!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (5,246)