cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CatPagulayan
Level: Powered On

How do I unlink a created condition in a flow?

Hello, 

I have created a flow but it seems that when I add a condition, it links to the previous condition. How do I unlink it? 

So I have an existing condition named Finance and then I want to add another condition named Marketing. However, I do not want Marketing to link to Finance. Unfortunately, when I click on "Add an Action" under Finance, it automatically shows an arrow down linking to Marketing. I do not want that to happen because Marketing is not a pre-requisite condition for Finance. But everytime i click Add an Action, the linking happens. Appreciate the help. thanks!

flow.PNG

6 REPLIES 6
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: How do I unlink a created condition in a flow?

Hi @CatPagulayan,

Flow is a tool for building sequential flows, which means that you can create a sequence of steps that execute one after another. So it is default that an action/condition will be added automatically after the previous action/condition.

About your scenario, I assume that parallel branch will be working for you. By using parallel steps, you can have two or more steps that run at the same time.

I have made a flow likes below, hope it could be your reference.

1.PNG

Please check the following doc for more details:

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/parallel-actions/

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
CatPagulayan

Hi Mabel, Thanks but it does not solve my problem still 😞 The person who was able to do it already left the company and nobody was there watching when he did it.. So what we want is to add another condition without linking to any other condition..
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @CatPagulayan,

Thanks for providing more info.

Will the condition be abandoned?

Or you just want to add another one in the flow?

Please share more details on the flow and your scenario so that I could help figure out a flow for you.

In addition, it is not possible to add another condition without linking to any other conditions.

Best regards,

Mabel

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
CatPagulayan

Ohh but yes, that is what I wish to happen to add another condition in that YES scope without it linking to any previous or next condition. It was done previously by someone who left already. I was able to ask someone as well and she mentions it is due to the UI and unfortunately cannot be done anymore.. I just cannot paste another picture here, I cannot find an attachment portion but there are conditions in that YES box that are not connected to a previous or next condition.
CatPagulayan

By the way, I have attached how the other conditions looked like. Hope you can help. If you can see, the ETS, Finance are not linking to any condition. That is what I want to do (unlike the marketing one).

thanks!flow 2.PNG

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @CatPagulayan,

Thanks for providing the screenshot.

I haven’t seen such an unlinked condition so far. As I mentioned before, Flow is a tool for building sequential flows, so it is not possible to create a flow with steps that not linking to the previous one.

From the screenshot you provided, I guess that all the conditions won’t affect each other. So if the condition “Customer Development” doesn’t match its condition, it will just move on to the “Marketing-Media”.

A simple flow likes below, Condition and Condition2 are false, so it moves to Condition3 which works as expected.

1.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Speakers, submit your sessions now! Call for speakers ends Feb. 10!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,698)