cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shaneOZ
Level 8

How do i create a variable for a new line multiple selection flow (picture of my flow)

Hi Guys,

Ive got a flow that i need help with, the data comes from a list with several multiple selections choice columns and i have the data going to an email, it works however the data has no spacing between selections, eg

for forum.png

id like for the data to have a line break and a minus (-) at the start of each line i.e

-intersection 1

-intersection 2

etc etc

Can you please help myself with the flow below

foummm.png

Any help would be appreciated, thankyou

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: How do i create a variable for a new line multiple selection flow (picture of my flow)

Hi @shaneOZ ,

To have a line break and a minus (-) at the start of each line, please try with the following flow configuration.

Initialize an Array Variable named as Test. Then an Apply to each action, which select value from the multiple selection enabled column, add action Append to array within the loop, and set Value with the dynamic content of the choice column value.

Under Apply to each, add Compose action with the following code:

join(variables('Test'),'-')

Add another Compose action with the following code:

concat('-',replace(outputs('Compose'),'-','</br>-'))

In the action send an email, select Compose output in the body field, and select Yes for the Is HTML field.

1.PNG2.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: How do i create a variable for a new line multiple selection flow (picture of my flow)

Hi @shaneOZ ,

To have a line break and a minus (-) at the start of each line, please try with the following flow configuration.

Initialize an Array Variable named as Test. Then an Apply to each action, which select value from the multiple selection enabled column, add action Append to array within the loop, and set Value with the dynamic content of the choice column value.

In the action send an email, select Compose output in the body field, and select Yes for the Is HTML field.

1.PNG2.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

shaneOZ
Level 8

@v-yamao-msft wrote:

Hi @shaneOZ ,

1.PNG2.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel

Thankyou again Mabel,

Ill mark as solved but before i do i take it there is no way to do this in the Email V2? and i have to write it body in Html? 

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @shaneOZ ,

Have you tested it on your side?

If it works for you, please mark it as Answer so that it can help others who have the same issue with you.

Best regards,

Mabel

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 115 members 5,273 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: